163.com or NetEase, Inc. is a Chinese Web Technology Company providing on-line services centered on content, community, communications, and commerce. Firstly, the corporate was based in 1997 by Ding Lei. NetEase develops and operates on-line computer and mobile games, advertising services, email services and e-commerce platforms in China. It’s one among the biggest net and game firms within the world.
Some of NetEase’s games embody the Westward Journey series. Fantasy Westward Journey, Westward Journey on-line II, Fantasy Westward Journey II, and New Westward Journey on-line II. Additionally as different games, like Tianxia III, Heroes of Tang dynasty Zero and Ghost II.
NetEase conjointly partners with Blizzard Entertainment to control native versions. Like Warcraft III, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, StarCraft II, Diablo III: Reaper of Souls and Overwatch in China. They’re conjointly developing their very 1st self-developed VR multiplayer on-line game with an open-world setting, which is termed Nostos.
163.com: Number & its Significance
NetEase’s official website address is 163.com. This was attributed to the past wherever Chinese net users had to dial “163.com”. To connect to the net, before the availability of broadband networks.
163.com: A Symbolic Domain
The 163.com company was based in June 1997 by Chinese businessperson Ding Lei and grew quickly. Partially due to its investment in computer program technology and massively multiplayer online role-playing gaming. Its 1st MMORPG developed internally was Fantasy Westward Journey. The Westward Journey series began in 2001 and includes Westward Journey online II.
In 2004, NetEase’s founder and chief creator William Ding (Ding Lei) won the Wharton Infosys Business Transformation Award for his innovative use of knowledge technology. Ding became one of the wealthiest people in China after founding NetEase.
The domain 163.com attracted a minimum of 1.8 million guests annually by 2008 as found in a compete.com survey.
The web site was the twenty-eighth most visited site in the world in line with Alexa’s net rankings and in August 2010, the website was the twenty-seventh most visited site drawing a lot of traffic than the websites of AOL, BBC, Flickr, and Craigslist, Apple, CNN, LinkedIn, Adobe, CNet, ESPN.
In 2017, NetEase agreed with the American company Marvel Comics to develop a comic book based on a Chinese superhero. Additionally, twelve comic copies by Marvel are going to be discharged online like The Amazing Spider-Man, Captain America, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
In 2018, NetEase invested US$100 million into Bungie for a minority stake within the company and a seat on its board of administrators. In Dec of the same year, NetEase invested with a New Zealand developer A44 (Formally referred to as Aurora 44), and it sold out its comics business to Bilibili.
Also, View: Telemarketing Lead Generation
163.com & its Varied Services
- PC-client & Mobile Games: supplier of self-developed on-line consumer games to net users in China; retail merchant of games by Blizzard Entertainment; developer & publisher of mobile games.
- Esports: Running an esports team known as the Shanghai Dragons which participates in the Overwatch League.
- Web Media: in operation a network of mobile applications, services, and social communication platforms, as well as net portals with enriched content.
- E-mail Services: Largest supplier of free e-mail services in China with over 940 million users as of 2017, additionally to 163.com, the corporate conjointly runs 188.com, 126.com and a lot of. The web site accounts for 18.99% of email services rendered in China.
- Youdao Products: Specialised on-line tools as well as Youdao wordbook, Youdao Cloudnote, and Huihui.cn.
- E-commerce: Services obtainable to Chinese shoppers on each desktop and mobile as well as Kaola.com, NetEase’s self-operated cross-border e-commerce platform, on-line video broadcasting services, and insurance merchandise.
Global Reach and Innovation
NetEase’s global footprint was cemented with the establishment of its Western Headquarters in 2014. This expansion continues, with the company’s foray into North America and investments in innovative gaming studios like Reforged Studios.
NetEase’s impact on the gaming world is profound, with an array of successful titles such as Fantasy Westward Journey II, Westward Journey Online II, Demon Seals, and Hearthstone. Mobile gaming is equally pivotal, with titles like Knives Out, which boasts a staggering player base exceeding 250 million.
In summary, NetEase, Inc. (163.com) is a dynamic force that has shaped China’s online landscape. Leaving an indelible mark on gaming, technology, and digital innovation. Lastly, with a legacy of achievements and a commitment to excellence, the company continues to evolve, leaving an inspiring trail in its wake.